LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, March 23, 2012

Kick Boxing?

Yesterday, lots of stuff happened!

1. I realized I have no idea where I put the walking DVD my mom burned for me.
2. I improvised with using a kick boxing DVD my employer has.
3. I weighed in. (Even though my week isn't over until Saturday morning.)

That may not seem like a lot, but it is! I had planned to use the walking DVD at Max's house during the time he was at preschool. He's in preschool from 9-12, so I have roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes to 2 and a half hours of time where I don't have him and I can exercise. I don't really have any workout DVDs, so I was excited to give the walking one a try. Well, when I checked Wednesday night to see if it was where I left it...no dice. Vance and I searched for it in every place we could think of and it's not there. Sigh. I decided to just Wii Fit when I got home.
Source
I went to work Thursday morning, took Max to preschool and came back to see if Mahala, Max's mommy, had any workout DVDs I could use for the day. I figured even if I hated it, I could at least get a workout in. Well, she only had a couple of yoga DVDs and a kick boxing one. I wasn't too keen on doing yoga on hardwood floor (I have a pretty flat butt, so I feel hard surfaces on my butt bone pretty easily!) Sooooo I decided to give the kick boxing one a try. I went through the tutorial section about the moves and learned them pretty easily as I used to do Tae Bo a lot. Well...let me tell you...I only made it through the first 15 minutes or so before my foot was killing me (I left my inserts for my high arches at home since I didn't think I was exercising at work) and I really didn't have enough room in their tiny living room to do all of the moves affectively. HOWEVER, I logged my 15 minutes into My Fitness Pal, and it told me I burned almost 400 calories in those 15 minutes! I was blown away! Even if I didn't really burn that much (since I'm a beginner and had no idea what to expect) I still burned a good lot. I was dripping sweat when I decided to stop! Whew! I'm probably going to give it another shot. It reminds me of Tae Bo a bit, which I love!

After work, I came home and decided to weigh myself even though I normally weigh myself in the morning before I eat anything. However, when I weighed myself, it said I lost another 2.2 lbs in 2 days! Woo hoo! On Wii Fit, I set a goal of 2 lbs in 2 weeks every time I set a goal. Well, I surpassed it! It feels so WONDERFUL to be achieving goals! I can't wait until I lose my first 10 then my first 20! I feel like I can REALLY do this and reach my goals! I have the driving force of my own fertility and future baby(ies) to help me stay focused! I've never been THIS excited about losing weight, eating well, and exercising! Please continue to hold me accountable, encourage, and pray for me! This is going to be a long road to travel!

P.S. I'm excited to see The Hunger Games on Monday night, thus the HILARIOUS pic I shared!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of wisdom and encouragement are always welcome! <3