Yesterday, Mommy, Hannah, Vance and I (and Maggie, my cousins' dog) went walking in my grandma's neighborhood after my cousin, Jennifer's 14th birthday party. Other than a tight calf muscle (which after some stretching/massaging went away) and some right arch pain (which did not go away) it went pretty well. We walked the entire neighborhood and then walked the entire neighborhood back. The neighborhood has a lot of cul-de-sacs and side roads, which we did twice. It was nice outside, a tiny bit humid, but lovely! Then, Mommy, Hannah, and I did a 5 minute pilate routine. It hurt the spot of my spine that meets my butt bone. Mommy and Hannah didn't seem to get it. They kept saying I was being wimpy. It wasn't like it. It was my bone grinding into the floor of the basement that hurt, not my muscles. Vance made a point later, that makes sense. He pointed out that I don't have a lot of meat in that section, whereas my sister and my mom have more. (Hannah has a J-Lo booty.) He also pointed out that if I did it on my yoga mat, it probably wouldn't hurt me. (Plus, it'd prove his theory correct!)
Mommy, Vance, and I (and my aunt Tina, cousin Kayla, and her fiance, Timmy) have all signed up for
myfitnesspal.com. It helps keep track of the foods we eat (including calories, carbs, protein and fat) as well as the exercises we do. It tells us how many of each category we're allowed each day and deducts the proper amount after we enter in the foods we eat/ate at a meal/snack time. Today, I came in 250+ calories UNDER my alloted amount. Vance did as well. Based on our differences in age, gender, height, weight, etc., Vance and I have different category amounts we can have. It's pretty cool. One of the things that I think is the coolest is that it tells you how much you'd lose in 5 weeks if everyday were the same as today. It's pretty neat!
Vance and I both have the goal of losing 20 lbs by Kayla and Timmy's wedding, which is July 7th. Mommy has the goal of losing 13 lbs by then. Hannah has the goal of losing 10 by prom, but is ok if she only loses 5 or so since prom is much closer than the wedding. After we achieve our 20 lb goal, Vance and I are going to adjust our tickers on myfitnesspal to lose another 20 and so on and so on. This is an on-going battle that I don't plan on losing.
P.S. If you're a member on myfitnesspal and you want to be friends, you can look me up under the user name angelsingin4jc and add me as a friend! Or
click here and you can view my profile/add me! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Words of wisdom and encouragement are always welcome! <3