LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 1/Day 2

I started using Wii Fit yesterday.

I'm a nanny for an amazing family. Amy, the mom, got a Wii Fit for Christmas, so the whole family is taking advantage of it! :-) I'm not sharing my weight or BMI on this blog, because well, that's my prerogative. I will share my weight loss and BMI loss after each month passes. I've read studies that Wii Fit really does work. I shall see for myself. I am committed to exercising using Wii Fit 6 days a week for 30-60 minutes each day. I am keeping this blog for accountability purposes...and entertainment purposes? Ha. In this blog, I am going to document pounds lost, BMI points lost, how many minutes exercised, and which exercises I did that day. Most weight loss specialists will say that it's good to have a "cheat day" where you allow yourself a little wiggle room to prevent sugar cravings later in the week. My cheat day will be on Sundays (the day I don't exercise) because that's the day my family goes to my grandma's after church. :-)

Day 1 (Tuesday, 1/6/09)
63 Minutes (I was learning how it works, too)
I set the goal of 10 lbs in one month
I mostly did aerobic exercises, including hula hooping, running, and step aerobics. I also did a couple balance activities including ski jumps and soccer ball heading. I did one stregthening activity involving the torso and abs...I forgot what it's called.
I was very impressed with this game! It's fun, challenging, and it does work! I wasn't expecting to feel anything afterward, but boy did I. That hula hooping sure did work my abs! :-)

Day 2 (Wednesday, 1/7/09)
37 Minutes
Advanced Hula Hooping, 27 minutes of long distance running, and basic step aerobics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of wisdom and encouragement are always welcome! <3