I'm the type of person who works best on a schedule...to some extent. I don't like every minute of every day to be scheduled down to the minute, but a good To-Do list always seems to motivate me! I've seen monthly workout calenders all over Pinterest, but most of them seem too daunting and/or only focus on one aspect. SO...I made my own that pulled from several different calendars I saw on Pinterest. Here's my April 2012 Workout Schedule! Feel free to join in/use this as a guide to make your own!
**Please note: The yoga/step/boxing/hula hoop are Wii Fit activities. If you don't have a Wii Fit, you will need to sub in some other form of cardio workout that includes both low and high intensity activities. As for where I have "laps," it's a "lap" I do in my neighborhood. Each "lap" is 0.6 mi. 3 laps is 1.8 mi and 4 laps is 2.4 mi.
I am so proud of you! I need to lose 40 lbs and have not begun the process. I gained the 40 lbs within the past year and a half. I have always been good about going to the gym and not letting myself get out of control, but my Dad got really sick in Sept of 2010, which is when the weight gain sarted and passed away in August 2011. I probably gained 10 lbs after his passing and have lost the will to try to lose it. I know I need to gain control of my life and get the old me back, and I have some good days, but not enough to re-claim my life. Anyway, reading your blog gives me hope I can do it and I am wondering if I should start a blog about this journey alone. Keep up the good work. Know that you are not only doing well for yourself, but you are effecting others with your positive steps.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Renee! I am glad that my struggles and my attempt to overcome them is effecting others positively! I can tell you straight up that it took me a good while to get in the mindset to do this. I was going through some major Depression, mostly related to my infertility, but then I finally decided to make a change. I want to be HEALTHY! I want to improve my fertility. I want to fight PCOS. Losing weight may or may not make me be able to conceive, but if I don't give it my all and at least try, then how will I ever know? I can't give up. I WON'T give up! When you want something badly enough, you just can't fathom living any other way. At least that's how it is for me!
DeleteI truly appreciate the encouragement! Please let me know if you do start a weight loss blog. I would love to follow it and be of encouragement to you! Please feel free to email me at akahl85@gmail.com anytime! Also, if you join myfitnesspal.com, please feel free to add me as a friend! :-)
xo,
A